Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
- Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.
- I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching.
- For I too was a son to my father, still tender, and cherished by my mother.
- Then he taught me, and he said to me, “Take hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands, and you will live.
- Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them.
- Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
- The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it costs all you have, to get understanding.
- Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you.
- She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown.”
- Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.
- I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.
- When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.
- Hold on to instruction; do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.
- Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers.
- Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.
- For they cannot rest until they do evil; they are robbed of sleep till they make someone stumble.
- They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
- The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
- But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.
- My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words.
- Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
- For they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
- Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
- Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
- Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you.
- Give careful thought to the3 paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
- Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.